I thought I'd show you how my recipe cards turned out. These are for a swap where we made paper cupcakes and also sent along a recipe for a real cupcake. Last week I showed you the cupcakes and shared the recipe.
This was my original photo of the cupcakes. I am trying to making a set of family recipe cards and one of the trickiest things is remembering to take a photo of the food before it is eaten! To make the recipe card I brought my photo into the CM StoryBook software, cropped it to focus on the cupcakes and used the "magic wand" to drop out the red tablecloth in the background.
After I altered the photo, it looked like this. I chose background paper, added the recipe name with some "virtual vellum" behind it and created the front of the recipe card. I sampled the color from the background paper for the title color.
I applied an effect to soften the edges of the photo slightly so it would blend a bit better with the background paper.
The cards were supposed to be 3 x 5 inches and I couldn't fit the recipe and the photo on the same side - so I did a front and back. I used the same background paper but changed the opacity to 33 percent so the recipe would be easy to read.
I chose the background paper to coordinate with my paper cupcake. Here is a little peek at the paper cupcake. I'll tell you more about it tomorrow.
(Our house is a bit quieter since our younger son flew to San Francisco today to visit his older brother - I am sure he will enjoy the warmer weather, it is still really cold here!).