I am making progress (slow progress) on sorting out my scrap studio. The main problem is that I keep discovering all sorts of treasures and stopping to play with them! At least it has kept me out of the craft stores so far this year.
I have collected buttons for years. Some are from family, others have come from estate sales, antique & flea markets and car boot sales when we lived in England. Our younger son used to spend a lot of time with me sorting through all the shapes and colors when he was little. There are so many that they have been subdivided into quite a few tins.
While I was sorting the leftovers from other projects I found these stylized flower cuts from some cards I made using the From My Kitchen cartridge.
Here is one of the cards I made from the recipe cards on From My Kitchen. The original post is at this LINK.
Once I arranged the leftover stems on the card base I started trying different buttons for the blossoms. The white and ivory buttons did not provide enough contrast.
So I checked for the more brightly colored buttons - and found all sorts of interesting shapes and sizes.
I "auditioned" a lot of buttons and ended up with five that seemed to work well together. The second button from the left is purple and not as dark as it appears in the photos.
The buttons needed some cord or string to make them appear to be attached by sewing. I found this set of ribbon and cord on sale not long ago and I thought the blue and white string would be perfect.
I tied the string through the holes using lengths long enough to knot easily. The strings needed to be trimmed with sharp scissors so the ends would be neat.
After I tied and trimmed the string I used a couple of glue dots to hold the each of the buttons to the card.
I will probably add a sentiment and possibly some white pen stitching or doodles. I might use this as a note card for a friend who also likes buttons.
I wonder what I'll find next - and how long it will take me to finish sorting out the room!