I was working on a few new projects and was awake up to the wee hours. The blog counter was just a few hundred away from 1.5 million when I finished up. So...I will be posting the names of the Fourth Blogoversary Celebration winners at some point today. We do have a few things that have to be done in the morning so it might not be until later in the day.
I do not own a Mini so I haven't been able to test the update but it seems that it has gone smoothly for most people...sometimes I wait to see if any kinks have been worked out before updating (why these updates are nearly always released on a Friday with no support on the weekend is a mystery to me!). So - proceed with caution - good luck!
Here is the information:
Gypsy® device firmware 0227 update – Available 02.09.12
This update includes the following:
Cutting to the Cricut Mini™ with the Gypsy® device:
• The Gypsy device must be updated to the 0227:0234 (0227 firmware and 0234 content) version through the Cricut® Sync program found at www.cricut.com/cricutsync
• The Cricut Mini firmware must be updated to Version .23 in order to communicate with the Gypsy device .
• If the Cricut Mini requires a firmware update, you will be prompted to visit Cricut Craft Room™ to perform this update when the Gypsy device is connected to the Cricut Mini machine. Simply follow the screen prompts to complete the update process in Cricut Craft Room.
*Note: Cricut Mini cannot be updated from Gypsy device.
Cricut Expression® 2 machines:
• This release supports all Cricut Expression 2 machines including those with the 1000 firmware version
Corrects the blue & black screen that some Gypsy® devices were experiencing:
• We strongly encourage ALL Gypsy device users to update their device to the newest version (0227:0234) through the Cricut® Sync program at www.cricut.com/cricutsync for best results.
• This update will prevent the black screen and blue light some Gypsy devices were experiencing; however, it does not repair them.
• If you have a Gypsy device displaying a black screen and blue light, please contact Cricut® support 1-877-727-4288 | Monday-Friday: 7am-6pm MST
Corrects Cricut® cartridge linking issues associated with the following cartridges:
• Close to my Heart - Art Philosophy Cricut® Bundle
• Celebrate With Flourish
• Everyday Pop-Up Cards
• Cake Everyday Sampler
Gypsy Linking to Cricut Craft Room™ is coming soon!
I did get a chance to try a few test cuts of files that have been piling up in my Silhouette folder. This type of cut and folded design technique is called "incire" and usually requires a lot of hand cutting using a stencil.
This is how it looks on the back side. I remember trying to figure out how to do a Design Studio file to make the cuts years ago but I was never able to get a result that I was happy with. I made some cutting files in the Silhouette software in less than 10 minutes - because I can put lines where I want them and do quick and easy grouping and replicating. These are just some test cuts but now that I have figured out an easy way to make the files I'll be doing more of them - I love the look!
Have you ever made this type of design? Spellbinders and several other of the die companies are making dies for these cuts now but of course they only cut one size. With a file you can make the design any size you like.
Check back later today to find out who will be receiving "happy mail" next week!
I hope you have a great weekend - there may be a little snow here, but then again, maybe not - that's just the way this winter has gone!
Subscribe to Capadia Designs